9 10 11 12 13
EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
4/9/17 8:36 p.m.

Canoe deleted

759NRNG
759NRNG Reader
4/11/17 2:36 p.m.

hey how does one get all the threads that they're following (watching)to show up on their profile?

RevRico
RevRico SuperDork
4/11/17 2:39 p.m.
759NRNG wrote: hey how does one get all the threads that they're following (watching)to show up on their profile?

There's a pull down menu on the bottom right of the page that can take you between sections of the site, it has a section for all the threads you've posted in, as well as those you're watching.

759NRNG
759NRNG Reader
4/11/17 3:22 p.m.

nothing is appearing in the watched list......

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
4/12/17 2:10 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG:

In order to put a thread on your watch list, go to it and open it. Then scroll to the bottom of the screen and click the heart icon just below the page numbers.

JStrobel80
JStrobel80
4/13/17 7:29 a.m.

Good morning everyone! I have been reading GRM in paper form for a long time, but am new to the forum. I am from CT, grew up at Lime Rock and now live in NC. I just joined the forum because of The Mitty coming up! I am way too excited about that, its going to be a great weekend. I am a HUGE vintage Porsche fan, I am an amateur automotive photographer and love anything road racing. I hope to see a few of you at The Mitty, Ill be wandering around and camping by myself all weekend :)

Ed Higginbotham
4/13/17 10:57 a.m.

In reply to JStrobel80:

Welcome! And you certainly won't be let down by the Mitty this year if you're into vintage Porsches. And who isn't? Looking forward to another great Mitty next weekend. See you there!

Shawn_D
Shawn_D None
4/16/17 7:47 a.m.

Well, I'm kinda new. Long-term reader and subscriber to the magazine, short-term member of this forum (9 months). No posts other than this one, but in a few minutes it'll be two. ;)

Ed Higginbotham
4/17/17 9:09 a.m.

Welcome, Shawn_D. Thank you very much for reading the magazine! Hope you enjoy it here.

TheRyGuy
TheRyGuy New Reader
4/18/17 3:05 p.m.

Hi everyone, long time lurker, first time caller.

My name is Ryan and I thought it'd be a good idea to introduce myself before posting too much.

I really enjoy the build threads, I learn so much from seeing what others are into, and it makes me feel motivated to work on my own project which is...

An old W123 Benz that I have been messing with off and on for the past 6 years (where did the time go?) Final goal is an old German sedan with a 302 Ford up front. Plan to enter into as many automotive type events (Drag, Rally, Auto-x etc) as possible, just for the fun of running it hard in a controlled environment.

Would like to run (not the Benz) in Lemons/Chumpcar and $20XX Challenge in the future when time permits.

See ya around!

Benj
Benj New Reader
4/24/17 5:35 a.m.

Hi I'm Ben

I found this forum when searching for info on Mazda K-series engines. It seems like there are a fair few guru types kicking around on here.

This may come in useful as my little helper and I have just imported a JDM K8 1.8L V6.

Picture attempt above..

This is headed into a miata based kit car for track days. The race categories over here mean that if you have between 1.3 and 2.0 N/A you can avoid the big boys. If you turbo charge it, you're also up with the big boys so this is not the plan either. You can supercharge up to a 1.6 and remain in this category also.

The only engine I have half built previously is a Chev 350 for our Jetboat. You can see this thread here:

http://www.nzjetboating.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=24495.msg179866#msg179866

This has done about 50 hours over the last 4 years and hasn't blown up, so I added engine builder to my weekend resume and leapt into something a bit trickier. (Those of you with young kids will understand how it's only possible to put 50 hours on a boat in 4 years).

There was a heap of info on the 350 which I followed step by step from YouTube, but info on the K8 is fairly lacking. I would greatly appreciate any direction (aside from making it 2.5L or adding a turbo).

If someone can point me to the best place to chuck a build thread up, I'll move it to there.

Ben, New Zealand

jmwr
jmwr None
4/25/17 5:52 p.m.

Hi! I'm Jeff, currently living in San Jose.

Circumstances have changed over the past few years to the point where I'm now able to pursue a long dream of participating in motorsports in some way or another. I'm currently on the hunt for a cheapo track car, so those of you who want to see the first ever thread on "what track car should I buy" are in luck.

So far the only "racing" I've done is autocrossing my old Subaru STi. I'll be doing some AutoX in my new 911 this year, but the real plan is to take part in as many HPDEs as I can sell the wife on, attend Bertil Roos (already booked) and go back to school to take some night courses on auto mechanics so I can hopefully become somewhat capable with a wrench.

See you guys around!

Ed Higginbotham
4/26/17 2:05 p.m.

Welcome Ryan, Ben and Jeff!

TheAverageEngineer
TheAverageEngineer None
4/29/17 8:42 p.m.

Hi everyone, I'm Eric! I've known about GRM for some time through friends in autocross, thought I should join as it seems like a good active community with many folks to get some detailed advice and tips from.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
4/29/17 8:45 p.m.

Welcome aboard Eric!

Seebo
Seebo New Reader
5/3/17 7:55 a.m.

Good morning everybody! Name is Corey. Been a lurker for a while as I prep my 1G talon TSI for rallyX as well as my recently acquired 91 Sentra SE-R logbooked rally car. I've already found alot of helpful info and hope to contribute some knowledge as well.

Ed Higginbotham
5/3/17 9:51 a.m.

Welcome Seebo! Sounds like a cool couple of projects. Glad to have you here!

rickjames
rickjames New Reader
5/3/17 11:31 p.m.

So I'm a confessed car-forum whore, who's now looking for a monogamous relationship. I'll usually bounce from car forum to car forum, depending on what I'm driving at the moment. I don't tend to keep cars very long, so I rack up a few hundred posts during my ownership, sell the car and move on. I've been doing this for ages.

I know I've come across GRM before, but why haven't I gotten more active here? The posts here are diverse, and they're witty. And they're open minded. If someone wants to stick a tractor motor in a go-cart, people tend to discuss the idea rather than just call it stupid. I like that.

So about me: I love oddball daily drivers that take a lot o' love to keep going. In the 1990's I four-season dailied a 69 Mustang convertible for 7 years, followed up by an Esprit S4 for a couple more. My current daily driver is a DeLorean. I've also got a beater mini-van for picking up parts and for when the snow comes, but baring icy roads you'll find me fluxin' my way to work and back every day. I've also got a Del Sol that I've chopped in to tiny pieces with plans to eventually reassemble it, but then a baby came along and decided I had too much free time. Which will probably be the catalyst for the next project, as I need something fun that's got 4 seats. Suggestions anyone? I'm seriously considering stepping up my project difficulty level a notch and trying a body swap, then again the lack of time is scaring me off taking it on.

Anyhoot. Glad to be here.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett UltimaDork
5/4/17 5:17 a.m.

In reply to rickjames:

Very cool! I know someone who's owened her DeLorean since new & it was her DD in Michigan for years.

It definitely sounds like you're living up to your screen name.

GTXVette
GTXVette HalfDork
5/4/17 6:47 a.m.

I am a Purist Myself, But my Sawzall is a psycopath, Most here appear to me to be just plain Nuts. I seem to fit in somewhat, Lots of enableing going on here,Enjoy Your self.

snailmont5oh
snailmont5oh HalfDork
5/4/17 5:53 p.m.

In reply to rickjames:

Why have four seats, when three will apparently do the trick? Get a McLaren.

rickjames
rickjames New Reader
5/4/17 7:07 p.m.
snailmont5oh wrote: In reply to rickjames: Why have four seats, when three will apparently do the trick? Get a McLaren.

Now we're talking! I think I'll do that. Let me go run it past the boss...

gomer_pitt
gomer_pitt None
5/11/17 5:20 p.m.

hi everyone, my name is james. i build tires for a living and build cars for a hobby. my daily is a 05 subaru forester xs with sti suspension and drop springs and my soon to be weekend driver is a 76 mg midget ( i say soon to be because i own the car but have to drive halfway across the country and tow it back ). i am wanting to make a clean car with only minor bolt ons to give the car a little more pep. i was told to join here from a friend because you all would be the best to help me find the parts i need for that car.

Stampie
Stampie SuperDork
5/11/17 5:42 p.m.

Hi James. Best advice I can give is start a build thread and mention what you're looking for in it.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
5/11/17 5:42 p.m.

Welcome! You may not want to stay if your plans are mild. We have a tendency to escalate things around here.

A 60 degree v6 will fit. 3.4 w 3500 heads and itbs come to mind....

Anyways, welcome to the asylum!

9 10 11 12 13

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pGnniWCHGA1fwbZRdRfP5nv9su4kRZjfFpUWfhFraSqtGCNYwCSbbCX9QPeiwAwq